NAHC/HHFMA Webinar Series: Medical Advantage Landscape – Part I

When:  Feb 7, 2023 from 14:00 to 15:30 (ET)
NAHC/HHFMA Webinar Series:
Medical Advantage Landscape – Part I
Tuesday, February 7, 2023 | 2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT

Home Care providers are struggling with the impacts of shifting the Medicare-eligible population into Medicare Advantage Managed Care plans (MA Plans). Forward-looking providers are asking important questions, such as: What are the implications of current demographic trends? What operational and financial issues should providers expect as their payer mix shifts to mostly Managed Care? Will providers have a future in a world where MA Plans also offer home-based services and products? This session, the first in a Medicare Advantage series, will provide a foundational understanding of national and regional demographic trends and recent acquisition activity. We will hear payer and provider perspectives to understand key considerations that will shape Home Care providers short- and long-term plans.

Medical Advantage Landscape (Part I) will:

• Review past trends and provide a forecasted view of the Medicare-eligible population on a regional and national basis, differentiating between fee-for-service and managed care enrollees. 
  • Identify major MA Plans on a national and regional basis, the trends these plans are experiencing, and their strategic acquisitions impacting Home Care.
  • Contrast the health plan vs. provider perspectives in balancing quality, outcomes, and cost.
  • Highlight areas requiring attention in the short-term to enable a successful Provider-Payor relationship and in the longer-term view to position Home Care for valued MA Plan partnerships. 

Content Highlights Includes:

• Medicare demographic and MA Plan trends
  • Strategic health plan acquisitions impacting Home Care
  • Provider and MA Plan considerations
  • Short and longer-term strategic planning framework

Speakers

• Joe Calcutt, CFO, Liberty Home Care
  • Wanda Coley, President and Chief Operating Officer, Well Care Home Health
  • Lindsay Doak, Director, BerryDunn
  • Angela Huff, Managing Consultant, FORVIS
  • Erin Masterson, Consulting Director, SimiTree

Pricing (Per Webinar):